Momentarily Mariah



Roven: She bakes muffins and  makes scrambled eggs for breakfast. Mariah would wear a violet knee length dress quite often. I remember calling her “love”. She would pat me on my right shoulder and whisper in my ears.
Our late-night talks would often end with wine and conversations till 2 in the night. I have always noticed the mole which is right close to her left ear lobe.

Mariah: He loves the way I smell and he often reminds me of the smile I have on my face after sexual intercourse. He was unpredictable on the bed. We’ve slept with our arms tangled, hands held, and souls exchanged.
He would sit at the verandah in the mornings every day. The time he contemplated and tried to adjust to the life we lead. Our second daughter is autistic. She smiles like a flower. She hit puberty 3 months ago. The habit of Roven sitting at the verandah began since the day our daughter hit puberty. He found it a little difficult to adjust to.
This has been on for 3 months now. He would sit and look around, shut his eyes for some time, make some conversations with himself and after about 20 mins he would walk into the house again.
I would wake up at 3am and go to the house opposite. It wasn’t myself, but whatever I sought for. I would leave his place in the morning, at around 5:30 and come to my house. We stayed in opposite houses. Roven never spotted us.
Since a week he has stopped holding my hands at night. We talk lesser nowadays. He doesn’t sit at the verandah anymore. I love him. Roven died of a cardiac arrest two days ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A much needed SOBO photostory!

AMMIIZZIINNGG!

Hotel Bills: Why The Misogyny?