By the Bay

The moment you start acting like life is a blessing, it starts feeling like one.

Getting up to having a view into another building or to the amazing Arabian Sea? I am a 19-year-old girl, a resident of this beautiful place. Mumbai has a vast coastline, but every person is not blessed to have a view like the one we have.

When we were kids, mom and dad took us to Hanging garden and Priyadarshini park, these places have an amazing view and our childhood just got over wondering with awe and playing on the shores of Chowpatty. Sipping some warm coconut water in the afternoon was a norm for us. We've also seen young and old seamen that come here for fishing. The marine life of Mumbai is extremely lively, though I haven't seen any new species here. By the time school got over, I was promoted to college. Morning lectures are the best time to enjoy the beauty of this place. You grab a cup of coffee and stand on the balcony of the college. What more do you ask for?

I never learned the art of swimming, but I sincerely believe that the sea is the most calming and one of the best creations of mother earth. I have celebrated my birthday at the shore, clicked a million pictures already, and we share a lot of memories together. I still cherish the scars on my knees, each one of them has a different story to tell.


I have always stood out among my friends and home was the most chosen place to chill at. The sea still echoes of me and my best friend's intense laugh and gossips. There have been times when I've sat at the shore, sharing space with the filth of the sea, trying to sort out teenage problems. I never got solutions but the time spent there was worth it. This is heaven and the aura gives us peppy energy. The sea teaches us to be motivated, energetic, and perseverance. The sea takes in our problems and washes out all the troubles. All you have to do is, trust and believe.


Every time I sat at the shore I felt a sense of empathy and my disturbed heart always chose to settle. You and I can never escape, but only wait and feel the warmth of the sea. From the roaring high tides to the calm and silence, we've witnessed all of it. We are pretty much into our own lives and we seldom forget to look around and observe this place. The sea loves you as much as you embrace it.
We fail to understand that this is indeed a blessing to us.

(Published in "The Voice of Malabar Hills" (A Periodical) in December 2017)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AMMIIZZIINNGG!

Hotel Bills: Why The Misogyny?

A much needed SOBO photostory!