Ram-E-Swaram



The train journey to Rameswaram, the temple town of India began on the 2nd day of 2020. While not much happened when we boarded at night but a book reading seshh and a not-so-interesting fellow cat calling modestly. 
When I got up the next day at half past seven in the morning, I was in for a treat.
The Pamban bridge is iconic and our Express train was just about to take us to the beautiful Pamban island, across the Palk strait, leading us into an experience I always longed for.
For a person from Bombay and a lover of the Bandra-worli sea link, this surely isn't very fascinating.(Not bragging okay!?)
But the train took this water baby, who has probably lived off her entire life watching the Arabian sea to an escapade she never preempted!
BAMMMM!




At Rameswaram, I earned a family, ate 4 idlis for Rs 20 every day, and handled Tamil people without my parents constant assistance. 
Talking about Tamil people, I clearly remember the sight when I got down at the Rameswaram railway station. Whattta sight boy!
It was a typical place, but what seemed quite unusual was a 50 something man sitting on a horse cart staring at the station with expectant eyes.
I clicked a picture of this man! A horse cart is definitely an unusual sight for a person from Bombay (Again, Not bragging okay!?)


This man I casually took a picture of turned out to be the only horse cart rider of Rameswaram. He is one of the survivors of the Dhanushkodi cyclone and definitely somebody you should read more about!
HANG ONNN! CLICK ON THE WORDD LINKKK


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A much needed SOBO photostory!

AMMIIZZIINNGG!

Hotel Bills: Why The Misogyny?