What i sea.


My not-so-friendly house, houses a not-so-friendly neighbour next door. She is a woman of
character. A woman that burns leaves, lambs and legacies.
The house is a place that we inherited with much animosity. The only lovely aspect of the house is the window sill. It has 29 rusted grills (to be precise), wooden doors and overlooks the Arabian sea.



I can watch the sunset from my window sill,
I can watch the crimson sunset from my window sill,
I can hear the waves. I can hear the ocean cry.
The filthy water seeps into the arms and drenches the skin of the rocks go sore.

The sound of infant conch shells crushing when you walk. The waves that have a certain
motion. Today, what I perceive as the sea is something different. I know, a man-made road is going to be built across and spoil what I woke up to everyday. I have been hopping over stones, crossing huge mossy structures. Oh my! (Jeez. My legs are stretching)
I like to take pictures. I like to watch the sunset everyday.
Coconut trees at the coast make everything better.
I often walk endlessly into the sea (on the rocks) and look back. I look at how the sea looks at
us. The distance, how does it matter. It is extremely breezy out there. It's a rough surface but it calls you out to sit. Crabs play peek-a-boo. Rocks have a different pattern at every footstep you take.
You could (also) look into people's balconies.

The sound of the waves puts you to sleep. They're harsh but soothing for the ones that have heard
them everyday. We own a coconut tree. it has given us tremendous happiness, tender coconuts and territorial fights. Like i would say, it now belongs to us.
I am a huge fan of tender coconuts, and I have lived a tropical life. A tropical life which we're soon going to lose!


Comments

  1. This is something amazing💕💕
    Best for you💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A much needed SOBO photostory!

AMMIIZZIINNGG!

Hotel Bills: Why The Misogyny?