A letter to Sri Lanka


You beautiful woman, I will set afoot on the quest.

To unearth every nerve and trail my way through roads that would lead me to the darkest stories that my people are waiting to say.

The trail will lead me to the people whom you haven't comforted enough. To the ones who have been unable to sleep peacefully on your chest.

You are a blessing to my rival, but o woman, why are you turning a blind eye to my forefathers friends?

Why are you running on an escape treadmill and soothing yourself with buckets full of tears and blood?

You are the answer to the millions that left your land through the civil war. 

Let me in. Lend a shoulder to the one in need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A much needed SOBO photostory!

AMMIIZZIINNGG!

Hotel Bills: Why The Misogyny?