I Like Where I Brisk Walk


It was a bright sunny day and I had dressed up perfectly to take that brisk walk. Sleeky pants high up on the waist, a not-so-tight t-shirt, the mobile holder on the arm, watch on the wrist, and jogging shoes, ofcourse. 

When I was walking and came near a traffic signal outside the Raymond Store at Breach Candy, two not-so-douche blackguards were standing on opposite sides of the road and clearing the traffic. Just when the time was right, a tangerine-coloured vintage toy swiftly came out of the milky white mansion of Raymond Store and got on the road. The car went past me, two police jeeps followed and a few other fancy cars paraded the road. 

This is an everyday phenomenon here. Dogs wearing shimmery jackets, adolescent skinny boys cycling, and sugar daddies on their balconies. You come across boutiques, women's boudoir behind shiny french windows, drugstores, lux vanity stores among others. 

I often take the Breach Candy - Warden Road - Stephen's Church Circle - Priyadarshini Park (PDP) route and back home as my trail. After spotting a zillion ATM kiosks, yogurt bays, and other temptations, I reach the sweet spot. The climb is worth every deal as you get to see the sea at PDP. 

It is a picturesque place. With zillions of trees pumping oxygen, PDP is a sight for sore eyes. 

I started walking because I wanted to have a toned body or I did not want a toned body but I just wanted to see people. I wanted an excuse to get out during the lockdown. I may not be a 36-26-36 but I am somewhere between thin to healthy. It is just a fine line. 

I started investing in accessories for my everyday jog sesh, became a tad bit conscious about sugar intake and also ended up influencing a few significant people in my life to jog every day. 

Walking during dawn or dusk let me see the other side of the world during the pandemic. Families that sell flowers on the street, men cleaning four-wheelers, crows crowded around milk vendors among others. Walking is an escape. An escape from the drama that unfolds at home (every day.) An escape from my otherwise not-so-happening routine. 

Did you know, brisk walking is connected to your emotions? 

As per an interesting psychological study called 'awe walks' consciously watching for small wonders in the world around you during an otherwise ordinary walk could amplify the mental health benefits of the stroll. Read the full article here

Am I an 'awe walker?' 

Meanwhile, 
lotsa love! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A much needed SOBO photostory!

AMMIIZZIINNGG!

Hotel Bills: Why The Misogyny?