When around a #MeToo molester



#MeToo is one of those campaigns that I witnessed unfold, bloom, and fade off. Although I heard about it and read quite a lot about it, I did not get the chance to hang around with someone who was accused of or was a victim of it. My ex-boss would always corner girls, call them mean things, and then say, 'Please do not add me to the #MeToo campaign haan!?' Only recently did I get the privilege to be around someone who was called out for molesting girls.  
One of my bosses made headlines during this scandal as news about his pursuits came to light and oh, the media loved every bit of it. Apparently, he was thrown out of the prestigious organization he worked for and is now working with a small-time firm as compared to his previous stint. After spending a substantial amount of time around him, I sat myself down and wondered how does this work? 

I was around this person for over 5 days in a different city and he did not seem weird. He treated us like kids, was around all the time to help us out and it never seemed out of the blue. He has truckloads of intel about anything and everything. Since I've recently started to look up people on Google and LinkedIn even before I hit them up for a conversation, your girl managed to gather some basic goss. Which is why, I was constantly questioning if it is okay for a person with a history of a molester to bounce back? Because this one did. He is as normal as any guy. He represented the brand we serviced on a global level, took important business decisions, made strategic moves and rejected our documents if they weren't formatted properly. 

I often think that people who do not know his history, would never really know the dark side, right? When he’d be walking towards me across the property we stayed in, a zillion thoughts would cross my mind, most of them being nasty towards him. I often have these questions in my mind, Is it okay to accept someone's mistake and live with it? Do his mother, his siblings, and his extended family know? Did his friends boycott him? Do they bitch him out behind his back? Is he still single because he touched too many asses inappropriately in a corporate setup?

Many believe that he was framed and that he is innocent. I’m forever confused about which side to choose. Should I believe what I saw, or what I heard/read? 

He is addressed as 'Sir' and is given too much respect. His past endeavors have permeated our skins, and we're living with them. We often crack a joke or two when we do not deliver a task briefly and comment, “if he could molest girls in broad daylight, of course, he can figure out what a half-baked Excel says, right!?”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hotel Bills: Why The Misogyny?

I Found Somebody Who Can Love Me At My Worst

The Marriage Market